Faeries and Sartar

From: Maria or Michael <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:30:45 +0200

Sandy said:
> ... down at the far end of the orchard grows Froalar's Apple
>Tree, which sprouted from a footprint of the Saint himself, and which
>bears bright blue, instead of red, apples.

Since Sartar was a pretty potent magician and seems to have travelled a lot around the countryside of his kingdom to be, it seems likely that there should oodles of local magical/mysterious/haunted landmarks called "Sartar's [this]" and "Sartar's [that]" or be explained as some result of an action of Sartar ("That weird standing stone over there? We call it the Watch Stone. You know, king Sartar came through here once and he was attacked by ghouls on that very place. Sartar turned one of them into that stone and geased it to guard our village against the others.")

> ... every midsummer, for three or four days, the village is
>pestered by visible but intangible fairies.

So i can take it from you that there are faerie-like beings/spirits in Glorantha? I've always expected Glorantha to be filled with them, and have always been baffled by the lack of nature spirits in official Glorantha.

> ... the Whispering Stone by the waterfall. Anyone sitting on it
>can hear it ask three questions. No one has been able to answer the
>questions yet. No one knows what will happen if anyone succeeds.

The one who answers the questions will free the spirit bound to the waterfall and will himself become the new spirit of the Whispering Stone.

Michael Raaterova

<.sig omitted on legal advice>