Troll calendar

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Computer) <"Daniel>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:16:07 -0800

Stephen Martin asks:

        This brings up a question that has bugged me for awhile -- do the trolls

        use the Theyalan calendar?

I'm certain that the Shadow Plateau Trolls (and Kitori) do... the OOO was kinda THE bigwig when/where that was all being put together. I strongly suspect that Halikiv and Guhan also use or have adopted it through Arkats influence. DagInk would also prolly be pretty strongly influenced by the OOO and Arkat, and use their calander.

The Blue Moonies calander is, of course, Weird and Secret. If you found out what it was, they would have to kill you (gosh... there could be a scenario hook there... the PC's find a chunk of rock with odd symbols chewed into it... suddenly, they start to see Really big Moths around the campfire...)

My trolls in Koromandol currently use a two-season ("winter" and "summer") calander with the standard sacred time tossed in between. But then, they probably havn't even ever heard of Arkat OR the OOO... Argan Argar prolly wandered through once or twice, but isn't actually influential or anything.

danm