Barbeester Gor.

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 12:19:10 -0500

Hi All,

BARBEESTER GOR.  In my current PDP campaign we have a Barbeester Gor initiate. She is the assigned protectress of one of the PC's. The PC is the Holy Emissary of the Matriach of Notchet an important and influencial character. Magda the BG is a huge hulking woman, clad from head to toe in thick furs and armour. She is sullen, deranged and homocidal. The reasons for her behaviour are due to her horrid upbringing and she worships the Dark Earth as an outlet for her rage. Her position in society is respected. If she did not worship BG, then she would probably reside in the Notchet equivelant of Arkham Asylum. She spend most of her time in a tranquilised state. The Holy Emissary spends an hour each week praying with Magda and feeding her special herbs, without these herbs Magda is incredibly dangerous. Magda is only released from her state by the command of the Holy Emissary, the Matriach or the High Priestess of BG. She also is released if women are threatened or killed in her presence, the Earth or its temples are desecrated or if she is directly attacked. Magda is very good as a body guard/weapon/defender/revenant, but would be awful to play as a PC.

 I do not beleive that all BG are like this. In fact I think that Magda is quite unique in her existence. She does however show how little life a BG cultist has. I also picture BG as being somewhat like the Witch Women and supporters of Mebd and Slough Feg in the Slaine comics.

CONTACTING MOB.  Could MOB or someone involved in Questlines II please E-mail me about artwork and Fonrit.

 EEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAGH.  Magda is waking up. I had better get the incense, rubber hammer and Chlorpromazine ready.

Cheers Simon.