Jonstown Guilds

From: Osentalka_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:51:29 -0500 (EST)

Lee R. Insley <maelstrom_at_usa.net wrote

<< I was reading parts of the Jonstown Guide and it mentions that in 1525,
<< local clans formed guilds which they control and which are based on the
<< special craft to the clan. I was wondering if anyone knew if this applied
<< to the clans listed in the guide (which are only a handful), or if all
<< clans associated with the Jonstown ring have guilds (which would amount to
<< a few dozen guilds)? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, are these
<< guilds something that is unique to Jonstown, or are they something which
<< applies to all the cities of Sartar?

According to Ingo Tschinkes Manuscript of the Jonstown Adventure Book there were different clans of the Confederation that moved into the city and became later the guilds. Only that clans that are active in Jonstown itself have formed gulilds.

The manuscript (which is much bigger than the published Jonstown Booklet) descibes the following:

All the other clans mentioned in the Jonstown Booklet are clans of the tribes of the Jonstown Confederation, but are not active in Jonstown itself.

Cheers

Andre Jarosch

'' Have you subscribed Tradetalk already? If not do so. NOW! ''