Re: Western Calendar

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:18:39 -0500 (EST)

Frederic Ferro:

<< I suppose the Malkioni doesn't use the Theyalan calendar and may have
 a system based upon the Saints of the various Sects. Do they count years  "After Hrestol's Ascension" instead of Solara Tempus?>>

    Hrestol's Ascension isn't as big a deal to Malkioni as the Resurrection is to Christians - it proved a point, but it isn't the focus of the religion. I'd always assumed the Malkioni count from Hrestol's vision of Malkion, starting with that as the year one. This just so happens to look identical to the Orlanthi counting system...

    The seasons, weeks, etc. would certainly be different though.

<< Do the Rokari use a more archaic, Brithini, calendar? >>

    Maybe. But they don't deny the Prophethood of Hrestol, just that anyone else follows Hrestol's 'real' teachings. So they may well use the same system as the Hrestoli, Stygians etc. The Brithini, of course, would indeed use a different calendar, which has probably reached an immense number, rather like that of the Dara Happans.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotksy

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #198