Still going west

From: Jose Ramos <cristnav_at_arrakis.es>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 14:23:15 +0100

Brithini

        The reason why I supposed the menace of seshnelan cavalry (knights all of them!) against the talars is to justify a "historical" fact, the conquest of Arolanit.

        Anyway I am sure the zzaburi are forbidden casting war magic on talars, and teleport other is possible only in the subcases c, d, e of national emergency in the Blue Book.

        The menace does not need to be strong. If you only make reasonable demands, the talars will comply if that reduces risks, and betray you sometime in the next five hundred years.

Sacred Time

        I suspect that in original hrestolism the party lasted the two weeks. The rokari make you pay one week for one week. And the fasting is the punishment for the excesses (and usually nothing good to eat is left after the party, so you fast anyway).

        It fits with my view of rokari, anyway. And I need the Kustrian Tournament to take place the first week of the Sacred Time. So I will justify anything.

Guilds

        In the West Guilds have real power, controlling powerful techniques that are kept secret from all outsiders. Besides mundane practices this includes many sorcery spells, specially the Form/Set and Animate series.

        So any PC who shows knowledge of one of this useful spells risks a visit of some guild legbreakers. And only journeymen will know this secret ways of working, filled with many accretions, mumbo-jumbo and material components, that vary from one town to the next.

        Form/set wool, for instance, needs a pattern to follow, a set of "enchanted" scissors, and blue and red string (Kustria clothmaker's guild). A Sog city "haute couture" sorcerer uses just his will and his fingers in scissor's shape.

        In both cases you need only a couple of minutes to make a dress. The real problem is making a beautiful piece, and that magic alone cannot do. But you make it faster.

Jose