Battle of Runegate Fort

From: were.ralph <were.ralph_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 21:46:48 -0800

WARGAMING THE BATTLE OF RUNEGATE FORT I'm about to start a Sartar campaign for a bunch of new RQ players and I thought it would be a good idea to stage this battle as a wargame to give the players a 'wider view' of what the deal is with the Lunar Empire, Delecti etc.
I have Tarsh War which describes beautifully the troops and tactics of the Red Army, but what I would like is
  1. Some idea of how the Sartar army is made up and any tactics they use.
  2. The proportion of each type of troops taking part in the battle.(For both sides).
  3. Similar details for the undead contingent, or any other forces participating.

I have WB&RM which names various Sartar units, but how do these units fit in with the general wargaming "Heavy/Light/Skirmish etc." categories.

Any other advice on running the battle would be welcomed. For the record, I intend to use rules which are a hybrid of WRG's 'Hordes of the Things' and 'DBM' rules.

Thanks in advance
Ralph Plowman
were.ralph_at_virgin.net