The Magical Mystery Tour to the City of Wonders

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 09:42:33 +0100 (MET)

Joerg Baumgartner seems to think that the Pharaoh made a quest, was ambushed, sent to a Lunar Hell and then (and only then) the Tournament took place to resurrect him.

Stephen Martin thinks (as I do, although I have no proof) that the Pharaoh was captured during an apparently normal MOLAD Tourney that got wrong.

I think I prefer this more dramatic version as I would like my players to see "this beautiful woman and her cook" taking part into the event in 1616. If the Pharoah is already dead, the Tourney will be less interesting, only a disappointing failure, not a tragedy.

Joerg wrote :
> A fantasy zoo is actually located in the Rightarm Isles.

I suppose it's an old Remaker site ?

Stephen wrote :
> Just as the land is divided into Sixths, so too is the city.
> The Water section is the harbor.

The city could be built in a Hexagonal shape, with the Dream Museum and the Embassies at the center. I love the idea of magic buildings which can repair themselves. My players will see the City of Wonders only once and I hope they will mourn the sack of the City when Harrek and his Wolf-Pirates come.
I think there are some species in the City of Wonders which don't exist elsewhere, e.g. maybe some Gold Wheel Dancers...

Frederic Ferro
- --
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/1054

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #208