RE: Alternatives to lead

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 09:11:26 -0600

Mr. Tines
>I sold all of my lead figures a few years ago and have no desire to
purchase more. Does anyone have an >economical and aesthetic suggestion for lead-figure-army alternatives?

Cut out rectangular snips of paper or (better) cardboard in the shape of a regiment. Mark on top of it the name of the regiment (Gold-Gotti's, or whatever), plus whatever statistics are important in the miniatures rules you're playing. Put an arrow at one side pointing towards the regiment's front facing. Presto, you've just made the equivalent of 12-20 lead figures. As the unit takes casualties, just make hash marks on it with a pencil. If your unit uses "disordered" formation or something similar, just flip the regiment upside-down to indicate this. Color the regiments according to the army. Bigger regiments can be different shapes. You can make wedge-shapes for special cavalry units, etc.,

Sandy