The Godking and the Sea

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:04:43 +0100 (MET)

After the wonderful evocation of the Sixth of Silvery Waters by Simon Bray, I wonder what happened to Dormal ? The story is always vague about his apotheosis or his return to the Holy Country after the great odyssey. I don't even know if he came back or if he was killed by a Whalebone spear (like all Great Navigators).
He can grant Divine Magic (Predict Weather) but he doesn't protect the Kethaelan Navy. The Brotherhood of Dormali is a Hero-Cult but does that mean that a Hero is really "worshipped" like a God ?

Frederic

"Sum quod sum", Exodus (Brithini Ontology)
"Nauta sum et omne id quod sum." Popeyus Nauta (Dormali Hagiography)