Babs Gor no match for Humakti

From: Tarry Higgins <taz_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 97 14:06 GMT0

I've read a lot on the digest of how Babs Gor are the pre-eminant warriors and can kick everybodys ass, and thought it time to delurk and add my twopennyworth. Especially as I am a Humaktophile

Sure an individual Babs Gor can be pretty powerful, when boosted with everything that they can get, but I will still match up equivalent Humakti against her. As long as my Humakti can have the same ammount of magic as she has - and magics that the Humakti can choose.

You want to have 10 points of slash on your axe - no problem. Here are three sever spirits, heck even if all three fail to overcome your power that's 3D6 con you have lost.

You want to boost your Axe Trance with 10 magic points? Go ahead, I'll have my bladesharp and protection. I don't think anyony would quibble with Humakti's having lots of bladesharp spell - protection they would have less of though.

You want a regiment of 100 barbestar gor priests? Even better. I want a regiment of 100 Humakti Swords, my guys only need 1 point of Divine magic each, Morale. Everyone gets +500% on my side (OK, I do need the hour for this), you need 50 magic points per priestess to do this.

You want a BG with Axe Trance, 11 MP to boost it and 5 points of Slash and 2 points of great shield? My Humakti will have Shield 6, Truesword2, Bladesharp 6 (split 3/3) and Protection 4 and a fanaticism. Remember I'm only taking the same as you in terms of magic.

Assuming plate all round, you do no damage on average (humakti is in 24 points of armour, the axe does 23 points of damage - when rolling 6 dice you tend to get very average results all in all). The Humakti with two swords is doing 12 points per blow, one of which is parried by the great shield. Leaving the other to get through. Skill: The BG has +110% (Axe Trance), The Humakti has +65% on each sword (fanaticism and bladesharp). Nobody is going to miss, and we both have 8-10% critical over the course of several melee rounds the Humakti is doing some damage through every round. If either person throws a critical then it's all over for the opponent - until you realise the the Humakti rolls his 1D10 and with his assured DI survives, and the BG rolls her 1D100 and probably doesn't.

Mayby the Humakti uses the fanaticism on the BG instead of himself - always an effective tactic, remember she has no magical protection at this point, and that great parrying shield is now no more. Or mayby the Humakti attacks the BG's Axe instead. If the BG wants more magic points to boost her AxeTrance then the Humakti will have strength (to make him do more damage) or coordination (so he can hit first as well at attack/parry better) or more bladesharp (to do more damage - I've only got 3 points on each sword at this point).
If the BG wants some shield then the humakti will have more shield as well, or perhaps some dismiss magic, or a sever spirit, or a heal body.

 The Taz! ....