[none]

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 03:26:47 PST

Frederic Ferro:

>I wonder what happened to Dormal ? The story is always vague about >his
apotheosis or his return to the Holy Country after the great >odyssey. I don't even know if he came back or if he was killed by >a Whalebone spear (like all Great Navigators).

He never returned to the Holy Country after he left the mortal world. Nobody knows what happened to him when he reached Luathela but I note that being clubbed to death by hawaiians did not stop Captain Cook being worshipped as a God shortly afterwards by the Hawaiians. Perhaps that's what the Luathans did to him?

Carl Fink:

>Well, as long as this can't be settled . . . Nick argues that the
>Lunars are better mages than the Kralori or Malkioni, and further
>they're constantly improving while the others are stagnant schools.

>Okay, but none of the above compare to the Mostali.

The Mostali system of education makes human rote-learning look like brilliant understanding of the facts and makes the most conservative Kralori and Brithini like dangerous innovators.