Sun Dome Temples

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 03:16:28 PST

Mr Tines asks

>Asking the more general question "where are the
>Sun Dome temples" - like, are the ones in
>Balazar still there?

Not been denied in any shape or form AFAIK. So as far as I am concerned they are still there. And anyone with complaints about Balazar being a "blank land" should know that Greg has a hard time remembering this...

>And are there any in Dara Happa?

Yup. Or at least it was quite a popular design for the Temple of the Sun God there in the first age. Most Yelm Temples now have more sophisticated architecture (like towers) ever since the rise of the Erzanestyu Dynasty after Nysalor was killed. All Sun Dome Temples in Dragon Pass, Balazar and Prax have their origins in the Sun Dome Cult in Holay in 562 ST (mentioned in Trollpak) but the circumstances behind that temple's foundations are obscure.