Orlanth's path / The Sun in the East

From: Mr. Tines <tines_at_windsong.demon.co.uk>
Date: 10 Nov 1997 19:45 +0000

###

Michael Cule spake
"as if Orlanth would ever agree to be tied down to one path: hah!"

GL hat on
Unlike certain hurricanes forever circling the Homeward Ocean, you mean?

Lightbearer hat on
"Can you not see, my son, that the seasons show that Mighty Orlanth continually changes his path. As if the old, stale Emperor whom he succeeded would ever so much as budge an inch unless pushed!"

Thinks: this muddy thinking must be due to his continually being distracted by lewd women showing off their ankles and their elbows. Cold showers are the answer!

Strides away to washroom, inflamed by
thoughts of female forearms....

) let me mention that in
> my Glorantha the major difference between Vormain and the rest of the
world
> is that they know that the Sun is a woman. (And yes, she is the
ancestress of
> their Mikado.)

But of course! Though I'm not sure about how canonical it might turn out to be - an outline proposal I floated to _Tales_ some years back included an analogous proposal, inter alia, and I'm not sure how much of the "It's not like that" was directed at that as opposed to any of the other proposals (such as Saffron robed riddlers in the Zen Buddhist niche, and quasi-daoist mystics reverencing the (usually regarded as Chaotic) Impersonal Void for their magics.

### end pegwit v8 signed text
7859295d554122c9cd957c5dd694a5a5d1aaf1189c68e00b9d1d0444799a da9feffa723faabe2c69dbbc06ce7e5534117092f22f79f060d0d212cdc9

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #217