RE: The Glorantha Digest V5 #217

From: John Constable <John_Constable_at_ionica.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 13:41:52 -0000

Hi,

I am new to the list, but not a newbie to the Internet, so I hope you wont all run screaming :-)

I've lurked for a few issues, but I have a few questions...I couldn't find a FAQ, so if the questions are inappropriate, *please* dont flame me, just let me know, either on the list or by personal email and I wont repeat it!
I have played RQII and III (Games workshop edition), I haven't collected for a while, and there are currently no copies of RQ III available, either the Games Workshop stuff, or the newer (I think) Avalon Hill (?) stuff.

My questions are:

  1. Where is a good place to by RQ stuff in the UK? I dont much fancy sending overseas...
  2. When is/Is RQ IV coming out? retailers say soon, or it should already be, but they haven't heard anything.
  3. Is it worth waiting for RQ4 or get the stuff for RQIII?
  4. Having read some of the supplements (it was a while ago, so apologies as I cant remember the reference), I am intrigued by mentions of people (mainly, I gathered, Lunars) being Enlightened. What is this, how do you get it, what are the ramifications, and are there are rules governing it for RQIII?
  5. Exposing my ignorance again, one of my favorite adventures from White Dwarf (back when it had RPG stuff. I know, blast from the past...) had a team of Lunars against the player charecter. One of the Lunars was a magician from a college of sorcery, who seemingly had skills like the sorcery rules for manipulating what looked like spirit magic spells. I have looked on the Internet, and found Sandy Peterson's sorcery rules, which does a nice job of putting things together for the sorcery rules, but doesnt really tell me if this is the rules I was looking for. Does anyone have any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks all.

John

Ionica, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 4AS
Tel (01223) 223000