Mostali

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:51:24 -0500 (EST)

Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>:

> Carl Fink
> >I am aware of no Gloranthan sources showing any human force defeating a
> Dwarf army or sorceror, except the >God Learners (temporarily).
> Sure there are: the Machine City beat off several Dwarf attacks
> before their final destruction.

Oh? So you're saying that the Machine City *wasn't* a God Learner creation?

> The dwarf defenders of Pavis were
> defeated by the Praxians.

Well, yes, heretical dwarfs who had been corrupted by the societies of the broken peoples. They weren't exactly the Cannon Cult when Jaldon showed up. (Was it Jaldon? My copy of PAVIS is in storage.)

> Dwarfs are so withdrawn from the surface world that they have
> been fighting very few wars with any outside force. The vast majority of
> dwarf conflicts are civil in nature. Which is part of their problem -
> before they can properly fix the World Machine, they have to fix their
> repair tools (i.e., themselves).

Well, sure. That's why the world is still broken. But all dwarfs seem to agree that progress is being made, despite the fact that most (other) dwarfs are themselves broken.
- --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>