beginnings of EWF

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 02:31:42 PST

Joerg Baumgartner

>Reading the description in the Genertela Box, I rather got the
>impression that right in the core of the Heortling lands there ruled
>anarchy as soon as the trol l overlords had been defeated.

The history stuff in River of Cradles speaks of the Kingdom of Dragon Pass being an organized entity engaged in open revolt against the Uz overlords. Remember Spoken Auld Wyrmish was introduced into Dragon Pass crica 573, *before* the eventual overthrow of the ruling Uz in the tax slaughter of 578.

>Into this destabilized region come the bearers of the new
>knowledge about Auld Wyrmish, released by the God Learner >institute in
Nochet. Their early successes bring religious upheaval >into the region as well. Unlike that real world parallel, the Hunting >and Waltzing Bands did manage to reunite the region under one >religion - that of Orlanth Dragonfriend.

Not quite. According to the Book 5 of the RQIII rules, the EWF was descended from the old Solar Theocracy which points to the origins of the EWF and the Kingdom of Dragon Pass as being based on the Sun Dome Temples (not the modern Yelmalio BTW). The cult of Orlanth Dragonfriend comes later after the establishment of the EWF and appears to have been a gesture for concilating the masses.