Sun Domes/G:tG & Kyger Litor/Amazons/Mysterious me

From: Mr. Tines <tines_at_windsong.demon.co.uk>
Date: 12 Nov 1997 16:47 +0000

###

Sun Domes-
 bulk of the info on Sun Domes is of course pre-Elmal : the one near Pavis, the one near Whitewall, and according to _Cults of Prax_, fifteen in southern Peloria. Whether these include the couple in Balazar (according to Griffin Mountain) is not clear. That Balazar has become a "blank land" since GM probably adds to confusion.

While these temples share the significant archtectural feature of a dome, and sun worship of some form, they probably diverge significantly from there (as to which aspect of the Sun they revere, for example).

I could believe one relict Sun Dome from the first age in Ralios, sufficiently remote and out of the way as to have been passed by by the currents of history - and consequently really unusual. More would be pushing it.

G:tG & Kyger Litor-
 G:tG ever gets off the ground, it's going at some point going to have to bite the bullet on cult write-ups. Now one of the problems with RQ3 as far as a RQ2 grognard was concerned was the way that the middle period of releases consisted of spinning out one RQ2 release into three for the new system, and the later stuff reworked areas already used for RQ2 packs.

G:tG is going to have to try and reconcile two significantly different markets : the hard core old timers, and - in order to try and make commercial sense - expand to cover newcomers. Mixing a little new material into what is mainly rehashed old stuff is probably a bad way to go. How the G:tG version of the Kyger Litor cult is handled will be significant test of how this is being matched.

Amazons-
The effectiveness of women as warriors can be estimated from an episode from RW history.

A king sat in high state, complete with a harem - so large a harem that it was beyond his stamina, and others were trying their luck. Traditional methods of dissuasion - the odd beheading or flaying - were of no avail.

On reflection, the king decided that the women of the harem lacked for things to do to fill their days, so he formed them into a corps of warriors. They became the best troops in his army, feared by all the neighbouring states, so that what had previously been a petty statelet became one of the strongest in the region; and managed to put up a tough fight against an opponent with far superior technology and equipment in their last appearance on the field.

This was the kingdom of Dahomey, and the Amazons fought their last battle in 1893, against the French Foreign Legion. Being originally a harem, these women were not selected for any martial ability or physical prowess.

Me-
It has been alleged that I am mysterious. Well, I have a web page, so you can get a picture to pin up on a dart board. And it should not take someone more than the resources of the 'net, a few minutes and maybe a shrewd guess to figure out my meat name if they really want to.

### end pegwit v8 signed text

c55a2f6accffd43c5974a18418b1d0043011839e64fd5ca6f7743155c0f1 6b3b80b0e36e17a5d9d2c1264c6843546cc30ae8e05884c4ed32b266de1b

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #220