Conqured Lands

From: Richard Ohlson <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 19:41:33 -0500

Are lands conqured by the Lunars considered, "Part of the Lunar Empire." Or, are they "Independent Kingdoms" that just happen to pay ridiculous taxes to the Empire, and also have huge whopping garrisons of Moon loving psychopaths.

Also, suppose they took over a sizable port town....just for variety, lets use Karse as an example... Anyhow, does the Empire "own" all the land? I've allways been a little hazy on how invaders deal with realestate ownership...

Finally, does anybody happen to know anything about the City God of Karse? I'm assuming his name is, well, Karse. A merchant, perhaps? A sailor? A candlestick maker?

Oh, actually, one last thing. If the new Gov of Karse got friendly with the Orlanthi, but still kept up the tax money pouring into the Empire, I was wondering what it would take to get Lunars and Barbarians to live togethor peacably. For one thing, would it be possible to have a City Council with 7 lightbringers, and 7 Lunars on it? Or would this just drive people nuts? Then again, it still might be worth it... (Ok, the fishers tax committee will be that big scary guy from Danfive Xaron, and Zippy the trickster...)

Rich Ohlson

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #221