Urban Folk of Sartar

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 02:32:16 -0500 (EST)

Nick Brooke Observed...
> ___________

> King Sartar built the cities in Sartar: not the Lunars. Urban life
> *isn't* natural to the Orlanthi tribes that make up his kingdom:
> out in Greydog lands, we think it's all rather odd what city folk
> get up to. Bain't normal, if you ask me. How can they live cooped
> up like that, crammed next to one another, and not keep fighting?
> We Orlanthi live a long way from our neighbours; it's the only way
> you can stand them...

     Hmm, is it possible that many of the urban dwellers are not Sartarites? Perhaps many are people from other lands who see opportunities to provide services that Orlanthi folk aren't inclined to provide for themselves. In what passes for the Real World, cities often have sections of "foreigners" who've lived there for generations; Armenian traders in some Middle Eastern cities for example. I picture something like that for Sartar, but I don't have much of a picture of who'd be in the cities there and what they'd be doing.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...