Theya Two Mothers Speaks

From: Pam Carlson <carlsonp_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:23:47 -0800

Nick says:

> We Orlanthi live a long way from our neighbours; it's the only way
> you can stand them...

That's right. It is not good to have neighbors. Sooner or later they do something so terrible that you just have to kill them. Then there's all kinds of bother, what, with either weregeld to pay or bloodfueds to follow....

That's why the only tribes that are friendly to us Varmandi live far away.

By the way, Asrelia's wealth hiding spell is sacred women's magic. It is for burying treasure in the earth to hide it from your enemies. It comes in very handy when the filthy Malani come down the vale to drive you off your land. Provided you are wise enough to prepare, you can hide silver, metal goods, and especially seed corn for your next crop. Using the spell to hide a weapon would be trivial and inappropriate.

There are more terrible and effective earth magics for vengeance and protection from enemies. Ernaldans don't often speak of the old rituals, because Orlanth protects the people now, and in much gentler ways. But when Orlanth's magic isn't strong enough, folk can call on Ernalda's terrible kin - if they are willing to pay with blood.

Pray your clan never need resort to this.

Theya Two Mothers, Earth Priestess of the Varmandi