Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #224

From: styopa_at_iname.com
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 23:23:13 -0600

>[Steve]

>>And on the subject of completely useless, lets not even _mention_ Monster
>>Coliseum, or Releases #s 2 and 3!

2 & 3 were character sheets, weren't they? That struck me as a particularly good example of disproportionate corporate greed. Monster Coliseum was actually VERY useful - I ran a campaign in Medieval Europe for several game years, and I ended up using the coliseum for many things, the chariot rules repeatedly (one NPC was a dispossesed Celtic prince - much adventuring around that) and the NPC's HUNDREDS of times.

Hell, I'd buy a $12 expansion pack if it contained scads of NPCs. They are ALWAYS such a pain, & I'm too lazy to ever finish the Visual basic program I wrote to generate them.

Hey I recall in the berkely archives there used to be a postscript NPC generator - just dump it to a printer with the right command line, and voila! NPC's. Anyone still have that - esp one that would just RUN on screen?

Tks!
- -Steve (styopa_at_iname.com)
or at work (Steve_Lieb_at_lepmsp.com)
http://surf.to/styopa