Yelmalio

From: Nikk Effingham <eng7nje_at_arts-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 13:11:12 GMT

OK, having played Glorantha for a few years now, I have just become severly confused, something I'm not used to when it comes to things as basic as Yelmalio. Yelmalio is a Sun God? But the the cult venerates Yelm as the Sun, does it not? I can see Yelmalio believing that the Sun is sacred, all powerful etc... but not that Yelmalio *is* or directly derives power from it, which is what I'd class a Sun Cult as being.

Secondly, I had always assumed that the Elmali/Yelmalio schism has occured centuries ago, if not millenia (in the case of Sandy, the Elmali karked it in the first age), as oppossed to about 60 years. This would give ample time for the cult to spread in little pockets acorss Genertela in various forms.

Am I incorrect, or just coming into conflict with other people's opinions as opposed to Gloranthan "fact" (if, indeed, there is such a thing).

Nikk (who doesn't believe that someone couldn't like Elder Secrets :)

Nikk Effingham
eng7nje_at_leeds.ac.uk
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/7556/

     "If absolute power corrupts absolutely