Pamaltelan Hsunchen, Vormain

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 16:38:56 EST

David Dunham
>Are there any hsunchen folk on the continent of Pamaltela? Sandy
Petersen
>mentioned that there are were-jackals, but that they're not hsunchen.
>
>I'm inclined to believe that there aren't any (Martin Crim's article
saying
>there are tiger hsunchen to the contrary).

On the contrary, there are hsunchen in Pamaltela. We know there are Turtle Hsunchen on the northeastern coast, and somewhere it mentions Bat Hsunchen in Laskal. I think having some Doraddi be leopard hsunchen would be cool, and could even see isolated groups of zebra hsunchen, rhino hsunchen (or do the rascullu preclude such a thing?), and monkey-hsunchen (or is that too close?). We also know there are primitive dinosaur hsunchen in Slon.

In the Errinoru jungle, a large number of hsunchen types could live, mostly near the edges I would think, and this could include Tiger-Hsunchen. I also posit scorpion hsunchen on the eastern fringes of the Nargan Desert.

Out of curiosity, why would you think there were no hsunchen in Pamaltela?

Tadaaki on Vormain

I like a lot of what Tadaaki did with Vormain, with one exception -- he made an effort to include Emperor Valzain and Tsankth, but not the other gods mentioned in Gods of Glorantha, that is Telask the Warrior and Zaktirra the Wicked Sorcerer. Also, what little info we have in print states that many of the Vormaini dieties are Celestial in nature, and it implies that colors are important to the nature of the deities. I would have liked to see Tadaaki try to work more within the information we already have in published form. The unpublished info is very scant and, well, unpublished, so it should not be a barrier to his work.

Perhaps if Issaries, Inc. gets rolling, the Oceans Book project will begin again. I am told we can expect another progress report sometime soon, but I don't know exactly what "soon" means.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com