Truestone, Law, and Stasis

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 02:43:08 -0500 (EST)

 Pasanen Panu suggested...

> Adamantium cancels magics totally when touched; at least Griffin Island
> suggests so. Like superb non-enchanted iron. I'd say that refining is
> a long-term process, equivalent in difficulty to HQ'ing. Adamantium
> is so hard to get that I know of no Gloranthan hero who would have
> an adamantium arrowtip or a piece of it. Killing chaos beasts is
> a property of item of Law, for example truestone from Spike. When
> Law is processed, it is no longer Law. I do not know what it is,
> though. The effect and logics propose Disorder.

       Ah, but the Mostali supposedly _refine_ Truestone! That implies a purification, an enhancement, a strengthening, an elimination of the dross. Perhaps Pure and Perfect Law prevents Magic. Perhaps Magic itself is in some way a function of Disorder. Magic, after all, causes Change. Maybe pure Law is solidified Stasis.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...