Re: Vormain

From: Tadaaki Kakegawa / Malion <yelmalio_at_za2.so-net.or.jp>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:54:52 +0900 (JST)

  Thank you very much for coments on my work on Vormain.

  This is the co-work with my friend Utsumi and Kimura (they ran a   campain on Vormain and I wrote down some of articles based on them   with Kimura), so I know little about some part of the work.

  Refer to Stephen Martin's comments:

>>gods mentioned in Gods of Glorantha, that is Telask the Warrior and
>>Zaktirra the Wicked Sorcerer. Also, what little info we have in print

  I know nothing what those gods is like. Where do they appear in GoG ?

  Anyway, I think they should be Cruel Side of ShidoFuhai and ChiYn   TaiSin. Gods/Goddesses of Vormain have two side, Nigi (Peaceful Side)   and Ara (Cruel Side). Sometimes one god would be recognized as two   separate gods.

>>states that many of the Vormaini dieties are Celestial in nature, and it

  High Gods are mostly recognized as Celestial gods, I think. VanSeiKiHi   is the Sun, ShidoFuhai should be the War Stars, etc.   On the contrary, Low Gods are recognized as Earthly gods who didn't   obey Sky Gods at first.

>>Perhaps if Issaries, Inc. gets rolling, the Oceans Book project will
>>begin again. I am told we can expect another progress report sometime
>>soon, but I don't know exactly what "soon" means.

  I am looking forward to seeing another work on Vormain and East Isles.

  Regards,

  P.S. If you have a chance, please go to see Anime-Movie "Mononoke   Princess" directed by Mr. Miyazaki. That is my image on Vormain.