OOP on Web Page, Yelmalio

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 02:08:36 EST

>Um, Steve. That web page is a wonderful resource, true. But - believe it

>or not - there are still people with no web access out there. Even some
>who have email, but can't get at the Web. I seem to remember arguing
with
>some guy or other a while back, who had email but couldn't be bothered
>get web access too - come to think of it, that was you, wasn't it?

We didn't really _argue_, did we Jane?

My point was, that I hope Issaries, Inc. will feel less _need_ to endlessly reprint material, if there is another way to allow people to access it. Some of the material certainly should be used, in some form, but the Web Page, even if not everyone can access it (I can only do so through work), is a good start.

Thinking further on Jane's and Shannon's comments, it occurs to me that what is more important is keeping the material in print, so that it doesn't have to be rewritten as four supplements instead of one, and avoiding the multiple publication of identical articles for completeness' sake.

Nick Brooke mentioned worship of "Yelmalio" in Prax since the Second Age. May I suggest that the name of their deity was not Yelmalio, that this name is something they gained from Monrogh after he convinced them that his vision applied to them as well? Isolated as they were, and oft-invaded, I could believe the Praxian Yelmalions would no longer remember the true name of the deity they worshiped.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com