Forgetting Names

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:02:09 -0000

>How the heck do you "forget" the name of your god?

In Glorantha, names can be erased from the world through consumption by chaos, but I bet there are other ways, like there are ways that spirits can steal bodies and displace the incumbent without the use of the chaos feature that does it. The holy day re-enactments using the new name would, over time, cause the old name to be erased from memories, and maybe even written records would change to show the new name. It is Hero Questing, after all.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/phibbs +--------------+

| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy perfect symmetry? |