Yemalio in Prax

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:54:43 -0500

Nick Brooke wrote a very nice, sensible compromise to the whole question of how long the Sun Dome temple in Prax has worshipped Yemalio. I for one liked it because I have a hard time throwing away all the...what's the right word?...baggage?, history?, attached to Glorantha dating back to the 2nd edition. There's undoubtedly a heck of a lot of campaigns out there with Yemalio going back a long way. Hell, I never heard of this Elmal before joining the Digest. I'd read King of Sartar before that but I didn't make the
connection. (Having just read the description of Elmal in the Digest FAQ I guess I should have made the connection, bad Oliver).

I'm all in favour of any sensible attempts to reconcile old beliefs like Yemalio
with anything new Greg or others have come up with. There's definitely a Yemalio IMG and he ain't just the god of some pointy eared woods dwellers.

BTW I'm sure it's somewhere in the Digest but what's the derivation/origin of
Monrogh, i.e. to make my question clearer what's the source for him?

Thanks a lot,

Oliver D. Bernuetz
bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca
www.geocities.com/timessquare/realm/5545