Habitable land...

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:01:48 -0500 (EST)

David Weihe <weihe_at_eagle.danetinc.com> noted...

> Pam Carlson:
> > Are we talking about an agrarian society here? Do Orlanthi
> > really have the luxury to allow their teenagers to lounge about
aimlessly
> > with weapons?
>
> Unless the Orlanthi are particularly stupid, staying on land that makes
> RW Somalia look hospitable, yes, they do.

     Hmm, actually, I seem recall that Somalia has pretty decent farmland except for the rough equivalent of "teenagers lounging around aimlessly with weapons" creating too much chaos to allow for effective farming. This sort of situation likely exists in a lot of places in Glorantha; the land might be fine but armed thugs, trolls, elves, chaos, whatever that makes it difficult to impossible to grow crops or keep them if you do. Heck, some versions of Sartar sound a lot like that with all the cattle raids and stuff. :)

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham....