Anti-Slavery, Sheepcats again

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 00:25:13 EST

Frederic Ferro
>I want to adapt the old White Dwarf city Irilian
>to Refuge and there is an Anti-Slavery Underground
>Network. This could be an interesting change from
>Krarshtkid Tunnels...

It is specifically stated in Cults of Prax that there is a "Cult of Freedom" in the Holy Country, so this is perfect. Though keep in mind that the Chaosium playtest of the RQ parts of Thieves World used the city of Refuge.

Michael Raaterova
>Personally, i find 'domesticated alynx' to be a rather oxymoronic
>expression. Wouldn't it be sacrilege to domesticate an lynx? I agree
with
>Jeff that the heortlings disparage dogs in favor of alynxes. The
heortlings
>also disparage the filthy goats in favor of sheep and cattle, yet i
can't
>recall anyone saying that they don't have goats.

I have heard Greg state this on a number of occasions -- the Orlanthi do not have, or eat, goats, because they are anathema to them.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com