Irilian, Slavery

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 97 18:55 MET

Frederic Ferro
>Where could slavery be banned in Central Genertela ?
>Would the Pharaoh prohibit it in the Holy Country,
>(except the Shadow Plateau).

Slavery banned? In Heortland people "abhor" slavery, but don't forbid it. This is about the best statement I can imagine. I doubt that Seshnela or Loskalm have any qualms about enslaving non-Malkioni, and in Seshnela neither to "sell" peasants. The Lunars have a well-established system of slavery, as does Orlanthi society.

>I want to adapt the old White Dwarf city Irilian
>to Refuge

Why would you want to do such a thing? There are better city descriptions available by now, and Irilian still suffers from AD&Disms, although less so than other comparable contemporary (real world 1980ies) settings.

I prefer the Thieves World box for the Refuge setting (as did, to my knowledge, the Chaosium house campaign). And there was a quite useful and exquisitely illustrated article on Refuge in one of the French magazines which uses this setting.

>and there is an Anti-Slavery Underground
>Network. This could be an interesting change from
>Krarshtkid Tunnels...

Tunnels are less likely in a seaport city like Refuge.

Why not just use the political and ethnical infighting?