The Nature of Chaos

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 97 18:55 MET

Bill Thompson:
>If we accept that Chaos is the raw material of creation then it
>follows that all of creation comes out of Chaos.

Yeah, but that is Lunar propaganda. Listen to Arkati Illuminated Wisdom instead:

Chaos has come from the Primal Void _outside of the Universe_, from which the Universe has come. The Primal Void is neither destructive nor creative, it simply is outside of everything. In other words: the Primal Void is Right where it is.

Chaos is the manifestation of the Primal Void inside the Universe. This is what makes it Wrong. The forces of Pre-Creation, released upon Creation without restraint through Forms or Powers, can only react in a destructive manner. They negate Creation where they come together.

The best evidence is found in the most basic Chaos creature: the Gorp. These creatures don't have any fixed form but ooze along Creation, dissolving it in their contact. (This dissolution has superficial similarities with the reactions of strong acid, but is in fact entropy applied on Creation. Unlike acids, which can be evaporated and leave at least some salty crust behind, materials dissolved in Gorp cannot be retrieved in any way - they become Gorp.)

In small amounts, Chaos seems to increase the creativity - as is manifest in unbelievably powerful broo or ogres. In greater amounts, Chaos simply destroys, undoes Creation.

This makes the Void of Thed so dangerous - it opens a way for the Primal Void to enter Creation.

All of Creation comes from the Primal Void, the unending potential of before, which has its place outside of Creation, but may be admitted into Creation only by spending its potential. Beware of those who say that Chaos is the bridled power of the Primal Void. See what they become...