Re: goats

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 11:49:42 -0800

Stephen Martin wrote

> I have heard Greg state this on a number of occasions -- the Orlanthi do
> not have, or eat, goats, because they are anathema to them.

Except in Apple Lane, where what's-her-name's goat-meat patties make the eaters laugh with joy. And (sorry for the unpublished reference) in Harmast's Saga, where only a few of the Orlanthi refugees worry about not eating goat, and everyone else is happy to have meat.

Goats have deforested several Mediterranean islands, and either Sandy or Greg (I can't remember) once said that their ecological impact is somewhat mirrored in their chaos connection. But I can't think of any areas of Glorantha which were impacted by goats.