Re: Red Moon Questions

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 13:45:00 -0500 (EST)

Erik Nolander:

<< Also, is it possible to travel to the Red Moon? I seem to remember it  being mentioned somewhere in the Glorantha box that you can get there  via the Crater in Glamour, which seems next to impossible. Is there  another way? Would it be possible for, say, an Orlanthi Wind Lord to fly  to the Moon (using multiple Extended Flight spells)? >>

      I don't see why this shouldn't be possible, especially as the Red Moon is in the middle air, not the heavens. In the seminar on the Gloranthan sky at Convulsion III, Greg stated that the Mostali could find a way to fly up to planets such as Dendara/Moskalf (presumably using a rocket or some such) and the Red Moon is a lot closer than that, so that's at least one other way you could get there.

     OTOH, I wouldn't think it would be very healthy to try to fly to the Moon unless you were a potent HeroQuester or friendly with the Lunar spiritual authorities. It would be at least as difficult as visiting places such as Altinela or Luathela IMO.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky