[none]

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:41:30 -0500 (EST)

Guy Hoyle made the excellent suggestion:

>Whilst catching up on old Digests, I had an idea (an uncommon
>occurrence). To avoid the massive reprinting of old RQ
>materials (aka the Kyger Litor syndrome), why not focus on a new area
>of Glorantha instead of the Dragon Pass region? <snip>

>Any other likely regions?

I, for one, would be delighted if any new GtG version of the venerable Trollpak used a *different* troll region -- say, maybe Halikiv -- or at least added substantial amounts of new materials on the regions outside DI. Would justify buying a third version of it for me, and I suspect for others.

That said, I suspect it's not going to happen. Judging from Chaosium's releases for CoC, it's a *lot* easier to repackage old material with minor changes. If the choice is between repackaging old material or waiting until new material is written, Greg-certified, edited and published, then it's probably very tempting to re-release the old stuff to raise revenue to fund the new game. Not to condemn Chaosium; it's a tough call.

Maybe one of the compromises might be that whatever old material is republished first be the "rarer" things of old, that a lot of people might not have. Say, a GtG version of Pavis...?

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #240