Re: alternative setting

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.ntnu.no>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 21:47:54 +0100 (MET)

> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 23:41:59 +0100
> From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
> Subject: Wildly varying
>
> Guy Hoyle the Ineffable:
>
> > occurrence). To avoid the massive reprinting of old RQ
> > materials (aka the Kyger Litor syndrome), why not focus on a new area
> > of Glorantha instead of the Dragon Pass region? Peloria might be a
> > good region to start with, one which has had much written about it
> > lately but has not been adequately explored through gaming sources.
> > Balazar might be a good area to reopen (Return to Griffin
> > Mountain?), even though it has become a Blank Land (this status could
> > be revoked, certainly?)
> >
> > Any other likely regions?
>
> The East Isles! {yelled while jumping up and down}

What about Fronela? It's got it all: hill barbarrians, elder races, the best bad guys in Glorantha: The Kingdom of War (Much better than those wimpy lunars :). And don't forget the "quasi-nazi" knights with a manifest destiny! Besides there is enough gregged material about the west to keep us arguing forever here on the digest. A pretty strong argument I think :)

Frank Rafaelsen