East Isles & other

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 23:12:03 +0100

Guy Hoyle:

> > The East Isles! {yelled while jumping up and down}
>
> Nils and Sandy have both done some extraordinary work on the East
> Isles, and they are truly an extraordinary place.

Ah yes, you play in Sandy's campaign. You have been subjected to the Korolan Games and either weirdness...

> I would love to
> see an East Isles sourcebook (including, of course, the recipe for
> Thousand Island Soup, which contains at least one unique ingredient
> from every one of the East Isles).

With a lot of luck, there may be a source book one day, but I can't guarantee the recipe.

> However, it is such a mysterious
> and exotic place that I think it should be presented as a land of
> adventure; continuous exposure to the extraordinary can be like a
> continued diet of the richest foods, dulling even the most
> adventurous palate.

Of course. I don't expect the Isles to be a main focus area of Glorantha, but I hope we can get some material out to the public so others can get to know them and see what a fantastic place(s) they are.

Stephen:

> other EWF
> remnants we know about (Tusk Riders, Delecti, the Sisters of Mercy,

Who are the Sisters of Mercy. (I guess you are not referring to the godfathers of gothic rock music).

The goat and dog thing (actually just dog): while Indrodar Greydog was Humakti, he was still definitely of the DP orlanthi culture (orlanthing to use Michael Raaterova's terminology). Would really a major tribal hero, with his own hero cult, have a byname like Greydog if dogs were so universally hated?

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689