Reprinting old supplements

From: Bill.McKinley_at_mailhost.dpie.gov.au
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 12:09:38 +1100

                      Reprinting old supplements                   27/11/97
Personally, I wouldn't like to see a reprint of Pavis. Most of the material in it is covered (albeit more sketchily) in River of Cradles. On the other hand, Borderlands would be in ideal candidate for reprinting.

There is one part of Pavis I would like to see redone, though, and that is the cradle scenario. I don't know about you guys, but I have **never** succeeded in working a party up to a level where I felt they could play a meaningful part. And I was never prepared to run it as a one-off, because that way I would lose the chance of working it into my campaign! Now, in my twilight years, I am beginning to come around to the idea of running it as a one off... the thought of building a giant model cradle and playing it out with miniatures is very attractive.

So my proposal for the Cradle is as follows: Issaries could take a lead from some of the old Warhammer products, and publish it as a separate scenario, with cardboard standup figures (like the old Steve Jackson cardboard heroes) and an appropriately scaled set of maps for the standups (or lead miniatures, for the people who have enough).

I know this proposal may offend some people, but I'd buy it!

Cheers
Bill McKinley