Chaos

From: MJ Dougherty <martinjd_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 23:04:42 -0000

My 2 Clacks worth on Chaos:
I'ver been reading the Chaos debate with some interest. Problem with that one is that folks
keep trying to quantify Chaos with real-world terms, when by definition it cannot be thus described, since it is the antithesis of EVERYTHING we understand. The inability to describe it, or even to conceptualise it, plus the feeling that it is anti-Everything what makes it truly scary. It's beyond the comprehension of sane beings. Insane ones think they can understand it, but they can't. Chaos is a threat to sanity, a threat to Being, a threat to everything....
MJD