Re: ALARUMS-L: Fwd: VB:

From: Nigel Clarke <nclarke_at_bda-hp.bda.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 97 10:24:51 -0400

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 14:44:51 CET, Kenth Eriksson wrote:

An idiotic email about email paying for cancer research.

It seems that once again morons proliferate.

There is no way that anyone is paying anything for idiots to send
"me too" type e-mail to lists of their even more stupid friends.

This is SPAM pure and unadulterated.

If you claim to have even one brain cell use it and don't waste everyone's time sending this junk.

If everyone used filters to consign email from users of hotmail.com to the trash can automatically then there would be far less junk wasting bandwidth.

How many of the 2.7 trillion emails sent this year were jokes, 'funny' stories, baby pictures and requests to forward junk mail to others. I reckon nearly one fifth - far more than any pornography related mail.

"The vast majority of users are Internet-illiterate or inarticulate".
Professor Jack Hodges, San Francisco State University