EWF, GLs

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:49:53 +0800 (WST)

> The God Learners had Slontos and many parts of Kethaela.
> The Empire of Wyrmophiles must have controlled the Valley of Beasts
> and the Dragon River but do we know the limit of these two powers
> in the Second Age ? Was the Plateau of Darkness independant ?

        The EWF also controlled Peloria, with the Golden Dragon as Emperor of Dara Happa. The GLs also had extensive territories in lands other than Genertela (Jrustela, Umathela, etc) and there were several allied to the GLs, using GL techniques, empires such as the Six Legged Empire and the False Dragon Ring.

        The Plateau of Darkness (the Only Old One) was allied to the EWF but not part of it. At the time the OOO was still ruler of Kethaela, so some of the other Holy Country parts might have similarly been allied to the EWF but not part of it. The OOO was initially not hostile to the GLs, but was part of the forces that attacked the Zistorites (with his Esrolian allies as well).

        Actually, the OOO and the Shadow Plateau, while never actually part of the EWF, and not users of draconic magic generally, actually remained allies of the Inhuman King AFTER the EWF had collapsed, and the Shadow Plateau trolls were among the few non-draconic forces that fought  on the draconic side against the true Golden Horde in the Dragonkill.

        Cheers

                David