Kralori Pyramids

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 18:43:35 +1300 (NZDT)

Nils Weinander:

JR>> I think the overwhelming majority of the
>>population in the EWF continued worshipping their local dieties. A
>>pyramid scheme, the EWF gave a tremendous amount of power to a small
>>handful of people.

>That is also exactly how draconic magic works in
>Kralorela where they know a thing or too about the
>left-handed way. Common people give worship to the
>exarchs who pass it on to the dragon emperor who is
>the focus of "all" the magic of Kralorela. So, the
>purpose isn't the same as in the EWF, but the method
>is too similar for it to be a coincidence.

I find this comparison far too vague to be of any insight. The citizens of the non-draconic Lunar Empire and the erstwhile Holy Country also operate on a similar basis. Besides the pyramid scheme of the EWF was IMO akin to the pyramid scheme that recently caused a civil war in Albania rather than a pyramid style system of government which is the case in modern Kralorela. The EWF justifed this by planning (hoping, feverently praying) that when the resources of the EWF had been thoroughly exhausted, the Grand Dragon would have awoken and brought about a new Golden Age.

Besides I don't think the Kralori are aware that draconic magic is left-handed.