Broos characteristics

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 23:36:53 -0000

Bernuetz:
> Any critter big enough to hold a broo embryo is
> carnal fodder for a broo. (There was that broo chicken though...)
> Generally speaking the only real limitation is the kind of critter the
> broo can get away
> with molesting. Carnivores are usually out as would very large
herbivores.
> (Mechanical shortcomings involved). The nature of the broo means it
takes
> on some of the characteristics of the "mother".

Hummmm.... One of the strange things about such an unruly type as broos is: Why should they respect a certain size measure? Why, how why, can't we find a broo as small as a mice or as large as an elefant? IMO, if broos can apear in all shapes and maners they should exist in all sizes also. Think about it:

'' The party of adventures makes its campment for the night near the Zola Fel. Sudenly a small sound makes them notice a strange creature. Hey, what's it ??? What !? A broo ruble-runner !!?? Com'on folks, let's kill him! - And the party just goes after the litle beast. What's that shadom over us ?? It's not a Vrimak, it's not a bison caravan it's ... a broo-brontossaur ??? Let's run aw...''

(Someone says: ''Sergio, I've never read about a broo-brontossaur in the Zola-Fel valey before in any published material on Glorantha.'', and Sergio replies: ''Of course not! Nobody survived to tell the tale...''.)

Best,

Sergio