RE: maunderings

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 19:03:23 -0600

Cats vs. Dogs in Orlanthi society

        I think it might be time to reprint that fine story from a year ago(?) in which Yinkin the cat demonstrates his prowess at herding cattle and is forever "promoted" away from that particular job. I can't remember who wrote the myth, but it showed a fine Orlanthi practicality combined with sly humor.

>Don't all Humakti have to wear their black (or other colored) hair
below the shoulders, by an ancient cult geas? Aren't they >supposed to be slim, as pleasures of Ernaldas bread are not for them? Their cult color is black, so I think they have to wear >black leather clothes, tight if possible. And boots are must-haves, too. And they are supposed to be dark, and sullen >people, >right? And violent, too, if aroused. My little black heart has spoken. Any comments? < Panu 'Passo' Pasanen.

        This is pretty similar (even identical) to what has been proposed for the sophisticate Humakti of Esrolia, who wear foppish lace, silk, and black leather, wield long slender rapiers, etc. etc. It is further evidence for these fine Humakti, IMO. Note incidentally that even though Humakt is probably a rarer cult in Esrolia than barbarian lands per capita, the vastly greater number of Esrolians indicate more Humakti living in that nation than in Sartar, frex. So perhaps they are really the norm.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #249