Reprints, Troll Gold

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:27:17 -0000

>I'd shell out bucks for GtG versions of
>Trollpack, the Genertela pack ...
>and probably several others.
>Anybody else have suggestions?

It really is a thorny issue, this one. We have all spent loads on RQ3 supplements already, most of which are reprints of RQ2 stuff that many of us already have, and now along comes a new Glorantha game requiring new reprints of everything again.

Most of us oldies now have jobs and incomes, so I suppose we can afford to spend $100 on updating our libraries to the new game system, and this will all help towards bankrolling Issaries Inc.

BUT THIS TIME, DON'T REPLACE THE GAME SYSTEM WITH SOMETHING INCOMPATIBLE! GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME - AND DON'T LET CORE ITEMS GO OUT OF PRINT! I suppose that is always going to be the case with a world-centric game, the market for core info on the world (eg. TrollPak) quickly dries up.

Marvellous! I'd buy it!

Trolls will eat most things, but gold in particular gives them heartburn.
I've always maintained that eating magic items heals the troll 1HP per POW, at a rate of 1 point per hour until used, so a 3 POW item heals 1 point per hour for 3 hours.

I once played an RQ Troll in a D&D world, and my default response to most things that had no other use was to eat some of it. Everyone ran for cover when I gulped down an unidentified liquid, and it turned out to be Oil of Slipperiness...

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/phibbs +--------------+

| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy perfect symmetry? |