Pure Ones in Ralios

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 12:42:59 +1300 (NZDT)

Frank Rafaelsen:

>In my opinion the telmori of northern Ralios has got a large minority, if
>not a majority of pure ones. I can't remember exactly where but I believe
>Dorastor said something about the curse not having struck the ralian
>telmori as hard.

The curse did not strike the Telmori of Ralios, because they never took Gbaji's gift in the first place. However Ralios was the scene of the heaviest fighting in the subsequent wars and most Pure Ones would have been wiped out when Arkat sacked the City of Wolves.

Since that time, IMO, the most successful Telmori to survive would have been the Cursed Ones. The Pure Ones are at a significant disadvantage because they are Telmori and they don't have the ability to turn into werewolves - the ability to do so is the reason why the Telmori are the most successful Hsunchen tribe to survive contact with civilized folk. Thus I estimate the Pure Ones to be a small but significant minority among the Ralian Telmori.