Re: Pure Ones in Ralios

From: Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_geco.it>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 10:48:38 +0100

Peter Metcalfe
- --------------

> Since that time, IMO, the most successful Telmori to survive would
> have been the Cursed Ones. The Pure Ones are at a significant
> disadvantage because they are Telmori and they don't have the
> ability to turn into werewolves

Really? Cursed Ones are much closer to animals than Pure Ones, and are often driven by instinct rather than reason (in game terms, this is reflected by not being able to memorize more than half their INT in spells). This is not a great advantage, since Pure Ones can still follow their ferine nature when they need, but they are not _forced_ to do so.

The second point is that the Pure Ones are not intrinsically dangerous. They are still useful mercenaries, thanks to divine magic, but they do not turn agains their employers on Wildsday nights. So IMHO they are less feared by more civilized people, which is an advantage in an populous area like Ralios. However, I am assuming that Ralians know the difference between a Pure One and a Cursed One, which is not necessarily true. If your opponent cannot be convinced that you are not a werewolf, then being one is an advantage, in fact.

Which introduces the question: what do Ralians believe about Telmori? Do they think that all Wolf-people turn into werewolves or do they know the difference between Pure Ones and Cursed Ones, assuming that a difference exists?

Paolo Guccione	p.guccione_at_geco.it
		http://www.geco.it/~guccione