Broo

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 17:35:10 +0000

Looks like the regular Broo debate is upon us again, and as usual, several people don't seem to have access to the sources. FYI then: there are two main places to look for info on Broo.

The first is River of Cradles pp30-33. This tells us, inter alia, that the gestation period for Broo is 2 seasons + 1D8 weeks. (Debate as you will on the biology involved: this is the "official" answer). It also gives damage taken to the host's abdomen as 2D6. Not lethal if you roll low: certainly not a death sentence as usually seems to be assumed.

The second place to look is Lords of Terror, under the Malia cult. Lots and lots of information here, including quite a bit on the rare female broo (yes, they do exist, but not for long).

I hope this helps. Obviously I'm not going to type the lot in, but quite a few of the questions under debate do have official answers. The worth of those answers is of course a matter of opinion, but if you have specific questions and no access to these sources, please ask.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/