Morocanth

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 17:35:10 +0000

Yes, it's the talking tapirs again. I had a lot of help with the basics of morocanth society last time I asked about them: now I'm starting to wonder about the tricky stuff.

Where did morocanth come from? Did they have their own deity, before Waha arrived? Were they created in that strange form for some reason, or what?

To what extent are they associated with the Darkness Rune? What other beings are associated with that Rune, apart from Trolls? Is Darktongue the rune/cult language of Darkness, or is it linked to the unique senses of trolls?

Any of the experts on GRoY/FS etc. found Morocanth references in there?

What did Morocanth do in the Chaos wars? IFWW, of course, as everyone did, and I assume they weren't on the side of Chaos, but is anything else known? Did their patron deity perhaps get destroyed then?

I gather Prax had a fair amount of Sky worship pre-Waha? If so, how did they get on with Morocanth, before Morocanth were known to herd "humans" but also before the bond of "us Praxians v. the rest" was there?

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/